26.10.08

Leipzig has a heart for Israel

Liepzig, a city in Germany once heavily damaged by Allied forces and later one of the major cities of East Germany... dark and cold is now experiencing green shoots of love as Gentile believing Germans are reaching out to Israel.

A group of believing woman, from a strong and faithful church, come each year to encourage and pray with the woman in the Negev. That is what they believe God has laid on their hearts to do.

Last year the theme was centered on Miriam and Elisheva and pregnancy and birth in the spiritual, but also referring to the Negev and in the world and.....there I was heavily pregnant and found myself going into physical labour the entire conference.! I thought I would end up in hospital and not go home, however the moment the conference ended, so did the labour!!
I believe now that it was in confirmation with the message of the conference.

Interestingly - this year the conference was on her actual birth date!
The group visited our Midrasha the next day and of course we opened our home to them.
19 woman and our families here? No problem! And it wasn't... it was a blessing.
I am being continually amazed and blessed by the way the door has opened, the moment we released our house to Him and to His uses.
I cannot word the elation at what it means to us, when we are hosting and making this space avaliable.

A dear friend, Liora reminded me that we are situated on the Ancient Spice route and that it was used in the past for merchants and travellers to stop and be refreshed, exchange news, advice etc. Now we see ourselves as a refreshment station, innkeepers! Where believers from all over the nations are passing through, and in turn we are blessed and so are they.

Here is a list of the nations that have passed and fellowshipped here with us so far:
South Africa
United Kingdom
U.S.A
Tanzania
Kenya
Germany
Mexico
Eritrea
Hungrary

and maybe I missed some...
and here are the German ladies!


and so we wait Lord for YOU!

1 comment:

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

what a blessing to be able to open your home and have the space to host so many people! How wonderful! what service to our Lord - it seems that you've inherited mom's gift :)