And so the weather report said: "snow possible" - Where? Mizpeh Ramon. Well that's 25 minutes away and another 200-300 meters higher than us.
No one expected snow in our place- well it could be rarely...
The girls were constantly checking the weather report the day before and by evening Hila was whining: "I want to go to Mizpeh RaMON" - when asked about what was there for her in Mizpeh Ramon she threw a blank look. Of course she didnt know a thing about it BUT she KNEW that she wanted to go there! :)
The next morning the phone rang and I heard Karen's voice "Kelly, its snowing here!" "What?" I remember waking the kids and walking into doors in the dark at the same time. Kai has never leapt out of bed that fast before!
It was snowing right in our garden and the hills behind the Midrasha were snow dusted. So beautiful.
The littlies didnt know what the fuss was about and even after we drove off in the direction of Mizpeh to see deeper snow, Amitai was not too impressed. I noticed the little ones got cold fast and miserable too...
No one expected snow in our place- well it could be rarely...
The girls were constantly checking the weather report the day before and by evening Hila was whining: "I want to go to Mizpeh RaMON" - when asked about what was there for her in Mizpeh Ramon she threw a blank look. Of course she didnt know a thing about it BUT she KNEW that she wanted to go there! :)
The next morning the phone rang and I heard Karen's voice "Kelly, its snowing here!" "What?" I remember waking the kids and walking into doors in the dark at the same time. Kai has never leapt out of bed that fast before!
It was snowing right in our garden and the hills behind the Midrasha were snow dusted. So beautiful.
The littlies didnt know what the fuss was about and even after we drove off in the direction of Mizpeh to see deeper snow, Amitai was not too impressed. I noticed the little ones got cold fast and miserable too...
Landrover - dusted in snow!

Excited kids looking out of window watching the snow fall.

The snow started off thinly.

But soon got thick enough to play and build snowmen.
Amitai and I lasted a short while in the cold.
Once in Mitzpeh we met up with Baruch and Karen
(some of their kids had come with us in the Landy)
Kai has claimed my wooly hat that I once bought in Edinburgh and wore in Jerusalem in 1992 when there was also snow! But not as much as this!
Tess got stuck in thicker pile of snow.
Asher who had the most fun, was very sad that we were returning home.

No comments:
Post a Comment