21.2.08

The joy of having guests.

Dorothe, a friend from Scotland came to visit. She was born in Tanzania and having left in the 70's - still speaks Swahili very well. So... inviting Margaret and Shija for supper was the perfect match. They were so happy (as you can see on their faces) when they discovered that Dorothe could speak their language. I just looked from once face to the other, not understanding a word, but really enjoying the moment! Hakuna Matata!


Dorothe gave them some worhip music from Africa and a card.

Naomi and Elisha, their 2 children also joined in the fun.

They are fluent in Swahili, speak and understand English and now attending the local school are picking up Hebrew.
Not to mention that both Shija and Margaret speak Japanese! Having lived in Japan for 5 years.
An interesting mix of languages.
We also sang some praise songs in Swahili. Here Margaret is leading us! Dorothe really enjoyed her time!
Margaret made a nice spicy Tanzanian meal. Lots of cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
A delicious combination with rice and chicken.

Dorothe also shared at our woman's meeting about the churches in her area and the interest people have in Israel and Hebrew roots. On the negative side about how some churches carry classes like Christian yoga and labryinth walks.... Or are so pro-Palestinian and anti-Semetic in their so called Christian understanding - having no regard for the Jewish people and God's plan for them and the Land of Israel. She has a lot of passion in bringing people face to face with the facts and finding venues for speakers on the subject to speak at.

Bless you Dorothe.

2 comments:

Sally said...

It is such blessing to read your blog and hear what the Lord is doing in the part of His vineyard where you are staying. Wonderful how Dorothe, Magaret and Shija could share together. How precious.
God is so Good.

Thank you - love mum

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

I haven't been to your actual blog in while, cos I mostly read your news on your feed, so I was pleasantly surprised to see all the things you've added. I've been meaning to add a "best" booklist etc etc. I will get around to that some day! :)

Thanks for your comment about apologia biology - how TRUE is that about the designer leaving his mark :)

Your latest post looks like you've really had a great time lately. Isn't it wonderful how our kids can enjoy families and people from all across the world and learn from them as we open our homes? I need to learn more from you, in this regard, I think!

Love you LOTS my sis and pray that we can see you soooooooooon.
KISS KISS!
T