9.3.08

Spring promises

Funny how the weather just changes (not that we are really into warm days yet) but the country had its spell of gamsien (hot, dry winds) and for us it was STILL and dry. LOVELY.

The girls whipped out their summer clothes (that meant me lifting the heavy, box seats where the clothes lie, wrapped in their bin bags, keeping them "safe")

Those box seats have been great servants, thank you Brendan Whatley for making them and thank you Gwen Whatley for selling them to us! WE MISS YOU! But we think about you often when we sit there! :)

Warmer weather makes you desire different foods. Like kefir. Now we havent made kefir since the cold winter set in. What we were making is still sitting in the fridge in its jar....
Maybe tomorrow I will go in and negotiate with those kefir guys and see if they are friendly! Otherwise I guess its death to them (they are alive you know!) and I will pop over to Mary, who has happier kefir for sure!

Its delicious and the only problem is that EVERYONE likes it! If you want to have a shluck (sip) you have to be really quiet, but that's not always possible when you have professionals who can track you down or like to seek you out, even when you are hiding on the loo!
I can just be pouring the newly cultured kefir into the jar and Amitai is shouting out "ME, ME, ME!!"

Hmmmmm....

2 days ago, I looked at the bouganvillia that is a canopy outside the kitchen. A perfect spot where we like to sit. There were no leaves, just the odd dry ones.

Today I was astonished - there were tons of leaves, small but very visible. And then I noticed the vines around the house - little leaves popping out.
Life goes on.

There are other gorgeous desert plants flowering now.
I will get new batteries for my camera and try to document them for you.

ANYTHING that grows here, even if it is 1 as opposed to the 100 000 you might see in the Galilee, is just soooooo more special because its in the DESERT!

2 comments:

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

okay - now I really do want to do this kefir thing. I keep reading about it, but where do I get the grains? Maybe you can send some to me via mom and dad - will border control like that idea?!

Sally said...

What is Kefir - a yogurt?