12.9.09

Above Rubies connection

Na'amah's birth was so wonderful that I wrote an article for the Above Rubies mag some time ago. That article connected us with some families across the globe. The Lansford's were one of those families and they emailed us a bit and also their 15 year old daughter "Joanna" became Kai's penpal.
We were so surprised and glad to finally meet them and they came to visit us this week, as they are volunteering with "HaJovel" picking grapes in the West Bank. They brought 5 of their 7 kids and the father "John" brought his sweet sister too "Mary Jane" We had a good time meeting their family, their lovely kids and they spent time fellowshipping with us all on Thur night.
Joanna and Hila.
Amitai loved Jacob!
Hila and Jaenne
Thursday the 3 older Maayan kids, our older kids and the Travis girls took them to Ein Akev on a long hike! They all went except Julie (the mom) and the little girl.

Nothing like the Negev!

The kids had fun jumping from heights that were forbidden! Even Tess did it. She was scolded later! (doesn't she remind you of Oo-oo the legs and hand pose??????)
Joel and Jacob, the older boys enjoy the cool water.
Kai and Shosh got a ride home with some of the others in Arthur's jeep.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Kelly
I am a friend of Taryn's (also we were sort of at school together, you were with my sister).
I have so enjoyed reading your blog.
Your kids are gorgeous and life in Isreal looks so interesting - very different from mine:-)
I would love to be able to read it all the time!! Do I need a code or do I subscribe?? I'm sure I'll get to chat to you in person at some stage of your visit in S.A. - I would love to meet your family.
From Debbie Hutton (Koch)