30.1.09

Parties and blessings

Kai had a surprise birthday from some of her friends Wednesday night, but she can write about that on her blog!
I will focus on last night, where we finally blessed her and Shoshanna, (having meant to share a batmitvah almost a year ago!)
We had the usual Thursday meeting, but turned it into a party for them both, blessing them and praying for them.
Kai's birthday started off with gifts! Abba had left early for Beersheva to get his landrover finally licensed for desert tours.
In the meantime we made yummy food. The now famous choclolate orange cheesecake was requested by Kai and I tackled into that again. Its easy but finicky, you have to beat egg whites, cream, melt choc, melt gelatine and a ton of other things before you can combine. But its worth it!
Tess's penpals' family sent us a box of goodies and there was a packet of Hershey kisses and that decorated the cake nicely!
Kai had a project for her Sonlight homeschooling which involved making a traditional New Zealand dish, which happened to be Pavlova.
So she chose to make that too, for the evening. The result was amazing and she can blog the process, I will post the final result!
Kai played her flute, Shoshanna and Baruch sang a song they wrote, I read to Kai a poem that I wrote to her when she was almost born. Many people prayed over the girls and it was very special.

Getting ready:

I'm the cutest!

Waiting for the guests

Also waiting!

The cheesecake
The excellent Pavlova! Note the chocolate detail!
Time of worship.Shijah prays for Kai
A Canadian visitor reads Kai a word.
Our very own "Lone Ranger", Arthur prays for Kai!
Shoshanna prays an emotional prayer.
Shosh sings.
The Maayan's bless Shoshanna.
Yaron also blessed Kai and his words were from the heart and beautiful. I translated for everyone but can't remember it word for word.
Here is the poem I wrote for Kai on December 31 1995!
To Kai
My heart is full and expectant
I am overwhelmed and excited
Knowing that in a while I will hold
these hands and feet that kick inside me
the thought of seeing our unified love
my partner and souls delight
with a heavenly hand, our gift
given to us to bond and strengthen...
I am sure our care of you
will overflow and suffice
I rejoice in your coming
a pleasure alive in this broken world
a miracle amongst strife
So pleased am I and await you
the result of a deep and significant love
God bless
my little one.

2 comments:

Sally said...

My word what a beautiful graddaughter we have. Kai bless you on your 13th birthday and God bless you as you go on to 14 and much much more.

And to Tessie Hila Amittai and Naa mah you are all growing up so fast and into beautiful handsome kids Granny and i are very proud of you all. Love Grandpa

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

finally I remember to make the comments I wanted to!!! :) what a lovely special birthday celebration!! what great food too - really yummy stuff. I can't believe how grown up Kai is. I didn't look like that - and couldn't do what she can either - at 13!! Kai is sounding so much like her mommy and looking too. So beautiful!!

Wish I could have heard Yaron's words too. So special!

these special times make me miss you all the more! roll on September!