21.7.11

Eloooosh!

The best thing that happened this year was the birth of this gorgeous, sweet, precious and very dear Eliyah! Our 7th child, 6th daughter. It was a difficult pregnancy, being 40 and also carring extra amniotic fluid caused a lot of discomfort. Plus voices of doom from the doctors about the birth made everything so much harder. However my prayers for a homebirth were answered and had a very quick birth that started by my waters breaking and very easy despite her 4.2 birth weight. I got to stay at home and not go to any hospital, spent a good few days in the guest house being waited on by my capable older girls. What fun.
She was born a round, chubby little thing, very demanding from day one - hungry and so alert. I didnt feel like I had a newborn at all.
We realised we had a Menorah - Amitai in the middle, 3 girls on each side!

What a year! Me 40, Yaron 50 and our 7th baby!


Moriyah has been so sweet with her - having Tess as a second Mom has made it all so much easier for her.
Just for the record - I had wanted to be at home for this last birth properly. No hospitals, going in to register etc - however the doctors told me many things that were "wrong" and yet the fear didnt touch me too much. The last day I had a check I was overdue and the doctors told me I had to be induced right then. I had such peace to go home and my midwife gave me a few more days and then she too would require that I go into hospital.
I prayed that night - as I was in 2 minds - hospital maybe is better or home? Then I remembered all that I wanted for this last birth and said "Lord if you want me to homebirth, you know my desires, let it be BUT if you have another plan, if this baby needs hospital then make it happen after Shabbat. Well 2 min later my waters broke. :) Quickly answered prayer. Thank you Father for answering me and giving me the desires of my heart.

3 comments:

Vera said...

Congratulations (a little belated)! What a lovely family. (I also had a child when I was 40, but she was my 3rd, not 7th.)

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled over your sisters blog, because I was looking up some Sonlight blogger. I looked at her recipes and saw that she posted that your challah and bread were super yummy. I saw the link on her blog to yours and was wondering if you would be willig to share the challah and bread recipe. My email address is: alexandmelanie04@gmail.com. Thank you in advance.

Kel said...

Thanks Vera - nice to hear from you.