16.6.08

God's planning

It is amazing how God works things for the good.
In this case a yahoo group that I belong to for some years now, for Israel homeschoolers suddenly announced that they were an inclusive group and accepted anyone, but not Messianic Jews or Evangelical Christians. (מה???)
That led me to write them some points and there were other believers lurking there too who spoke out! (it was all well received) One of them, Maureen a visitor in Israel while her husband works here, emailed me to say she was glad that I spoke out!
I invited them to the Negev and she then filled me in on her husband's past fascination with the Negev.
I was all goose pimples as she explained the dreams and visions he had and interceded for the Negev way back in 1998! 10 years ago.
It was so close to Baruch's vision for Anitani that I just knew they should meet everyone down here!
I was amazed to hear that his company http://gogeothermal.ca/ was contracted by the Palestinian Authority to lay this geotherm energy alternative somewhere in Ramallah! I learnt that they were desperate to come to Israel and that was the one way that they could come. Their contract is nearly over, but have offers in other surrounding Arab countries for more work in Geothermics.
Their visit got Yaron to connect them with various interested people here and we pray that something will come of it, to bring them to be able to stay in the land.
Don and Maureen MacIntyre. (You can imagine him as a Scotsman in a kilt!)

But back to the Negev, it turned out that Don had once been so fascinated by the Negev and Israel's water supply, that he had researched extensively and exhausted almost every article that he could find on the underground aquifers etc. He was also led to pray and intercede for months about a community in the Negev.( below is quoted from his email to me)

My intercession lasted some months and went like this. There was (and still is) a need in Israel for a place of refuge for believers, especially new ones, where they could come for a time to be discipled deeply, encouraged genuinely, and equipped sturdily in their relationship with their Saviour, to meet the challenges of life in this region so adamantly hostile toward Jesus the Son of God.I was lead to pray for a place where experienced saints would take the young, the halt, and prayerfully strengthen them.I was lead to pray for a place in the Negev, somewhat removed.It seemed to me it was like an abandoned Kibbutz that needed a serious face lift.It became a wonderful place. A place of serenity and peace.Like a verdant spiritual oasis in the desert of this part of the world.When I would pray for it I knew it would come to pass. It was an intercession lead by the very Spirit himself. I simply entered into His heart for it.I found it very frustrating to be stuck in Canada when I knew so intimately His holy purposes for this place. Everything within me wanted to be there to help. The year was 1998.
Don


Now this is very much what Baruch has mentioned time and time again. Especially for believers, new ones to be equipפed and built up to go out into the land and the nations.
So, they came on Friday, booked themsleves into the field school and soon we were all feeling at home with them, and their 3 wonderful children: Faith, Tikva and Joshua.

On Shabbat, 6 members of the Alon Community in South Africa visited the Maayan's and we all went down to Anitani, to pray over the land and claim it for the vision! It was lovely and the group were shouting "It is done" up from a hill and the Bedouin who were passing with their goats and camels, stopped in their tracks, wondering what the fuss was all about.

We took Don to see the cisterns carved out of the chalk walls, where the water would flood and channel into them when it did rain in the area.
The Nabateans knew how to farm and use the little water that the Negev got. We hope to farm in a similar way.

Chatting with Karen.

Baruch shares with the groupThe camels were an unexpected attraction for our visitors!
The highpoint where the houses are envisioned.
Mike, Lotte, Joshua (Alon Community)and Baruch.
Don and Maureen deep in conversation.

So, it was amazing how God used the yahoo group to bring this couple into our lives here. And we look forward to whatever it means for the future of Anitani. It is just so good though, to hear that God spoke out the same vision to others, the confirmation that He has a plan and purpose here for sure!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Wow .... reading this report on your blog is very very encouraging! We continue to pray for our Lord to open the way. Praise the Lord!